Author Topic: Wild Bunch Clothing  (Read 5685 times)

Spatch

Wild Bunch Clothing
« on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »
I'm wondering where you can obtain clothing that matches that of the period?

Beauregard Quitman

Re: Wild Bunch Clothing
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
It depends on how you want to dress.  If you want to go as Dutch or one of the others (like most people do) just wear a pair of 501s, boots and a period shirt (I really like my Cooler cowboy shirt).  If you want to go as military there a several vendors who have period uniforms and rigs.

Beau

Pecos Clyde

• http://shootingsolutions.vpweb.com/
    • Shooting Solutions Unlimited
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:09:44 PM »

Coon Creek has pretty much everything for the uniform stuff.  Buck, the owner is a great guy as well.

http://www.cooncreekoldwest.com/frampage.htm
There is no "right way" to do a wrong thing.

John Browning was a genius!!

Sassy Teton Lady

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »
What would you guys that have studied the period suggest for the ladies outside of the typical Mexican outfit?   
(No smart remarks please as I can come up with more than you!!!! If you ever get to know me you will learn that.)

Thanks for your help.

Pecos Clyde

• http://shootingsolutions.vpweb.com/
    • Shooting Solutions Unlimited
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »
STL

HA!! You are right!  My wife says the costuming possibilities for women that have a correlation to the movie are less than numerous.  She says it is either a "temperance" lady or the other  ;) ;).

Nellie Blu made a uniform that has shirt and a long skirt and is the same brown color as the uniforms were, and wears a campaign hat.

Nellie and Silver Heart (my bride) have both costumed themselves as the hispanic "working girl" as well.  Currently Silver Heart wears either a split riding skirt and a peasant blouse or black wranglers, a western style shirt and a campaign hat.  The peasant blouse, and shirts as well as the campaign hat are.....wait for it......PINK of course.

PC
There is no "right way" to do a wrong thing.

John Browning was a genius!!

marshal stone

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »
What would you guys that have studied the period suggest for the ladies outside of the typical Mexican outfit?   
(No smart remarks please as I can come up with more than you!!!! If you ever get to know me you will learn that.)

Thanks for your help.

I take it that is the reason for the "SASSY" in your alias.

Marshal Stone

Sassy Teton Lady

• WBAS Committee & Ambassadors
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the help - But me being a termperance lady -  I don't think I could pull that one off  :D.  You are right Marshal - my name sorta says it all.

I love Nellies outfit.  That is what I was thinking of making, but wanted to see if anyone had some other ideas. Not to mention another hat!!!!! Can't have too many hats nor boots.  But Pecos, I will pass on the pink though. 

Hugs to everyone
Sassy 

Cpt Dan Blodgett

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »
STL

HA!! You are right!  My wife says the costuming possibilities for women that have a correlation to the movie are less than numerous.  She says it is either a "temperance" lady or the other  ;) ;).

Nellie Blu made a uniform that has shirt and a long skirt and is the same brown color as the uniforms were, and wears a campaign hat.

Nellie and Silver Heart (my bride) have both costumed themselves as the hispanic "working girl" as well.  Currently Silver Heart wears either a split riding skirt and a peasant blouse or black wranglers, a western style shirt and a campaign hat.  The peasant blouse, and shirts as well as the campaign hat are.....wait for it......PINK of course.

PC

Who would have thought????????????

Where in the world does one obtain a Pink Campaign Hat
Queen of Battle