Wild Bunch Home PageWild Bunch NewsWild Bunch NewsWild Bunch EventsWild Bunch EventsWild Bunch ForumContact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 03:29:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
11404 Posts in 1391 Topics by 975 Members
Latest Member: Navikiddo
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The SASS Wild Bunch Forum  |  Wild Bunch Boards  |  Reloading for Wild Bunch (Moderators: Happy Jack, Nellie Blue, DUSTY BODDAMS)  |  Topic: The Best Place to buy 45 LC Brass? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Best Place to buy 45 LC Brass?  (Read 6642 times)
Dang It Dan

« on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »

Oh Man!!

Started looking for some 45LC brass and started suffering from sticker-shock.  No one that I have found has any once-fired brass which is what I figured, and most places are back ordered on the new stuff.

So, where do you buy new 45 LC brass without refinancing the house?

Thanks

Dang It Dan
Mink Shoals Bandit

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »

I googled up a lot of sites that had new brass, ($270- $300. per K), but this is the only one I found with fired brass

http://seminolebrassandbullet.com/index.php?cPath=1_2

That's the big reason I went to 38s and 45acp..............
                                                                                                                      Mink............
Dang It Dan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »

I googled up a lot of sites that had new brass, ($270- $300. per K), but this is the only one I found with fired brass

http://seminolebrassandbullet.com/index.php?cPath=1_2

That's the big reason I went to 38s and 45acp..............
                                                                                                                      Mink............

Mink,

Thanks for the info BUT I did find some starline for about 260/1000 or about .26ea.  These folks want about .20 for once fired.  Not exactly a screeming good deal, but it was nice to see someone selling once fired stuff.

Thanks again.
Dang It Dan

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »

And of course, it's out of stock.

Oh well, I will keep looking.

Dang It
Branchwater Jack - 88854

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:28:54 AM »

Order it new from Starline.  It ends up about .16 a piece and ships pretty quick.  Their backlog is usually 4 to 6 weeks.  Just get your name in early on their list.
Griff

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

I don't see it there now, but Top Brass can be a good source.

No, I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

The best places to find used brass is from the Boy Scouts at Winter Range or the Bataan cadets at EoT.    Does not help you much right now, sure, but their prices for range-run brass usually are very reasonable, and you are helping great causes.  Gotta get your requests in early, though, as soon as they start picking it up.

Otherwise, I just order new Starline direct.

Good luck, GJ

Good luck, GJ

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.  Why else would you want to be here?
NM State Wild Bunch Traditional Champion 2013
NM State 2013 Championship, Wild Bunch Side Match Traditional & Overall 1st
Lumpy Grits

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

Order direct from Top Brass or Starline  Wink
LG
Pages: [1] Print 
The SASS Wild Bunch Forum  |  Wild Bunch Boards  |  Reloading for Wild Bunch (Moderators: Happy Jack, Nellie Blue, DUSTY BODDAMS)  |  Topic: The Best Place to buy 45 LC Brass? « previous next »
Jump to: