Photo

SPF: New Fringed Elk Skin Gun Case IMPROVED!

Fits 24 Marlin 1894CL

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawknose Bill

Hawknose Bill
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:18th Century Reenacting, Cowboy Action, Shooting, Hunting, Making all-wood self bows, Making pottery on the potter's wheel, Fishing, Singing, My wife, my kids, and my dog, Buddy - the order of importance changing with mood and money!!
  • SASS# 92855
  • Wabash Rangers

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Howdy, Pards.

SPF to Tejano: I have a new split elk skin gun case that I had planned on using to carry my Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited into the woods with me during deer season this fall; however, circumstances have arisen that require me to try to make some money and pay off some debt, so I decided to part with it.This will fit any levergun with at 24" barrel or shorter. It is made of split elk, dyed to very closely resemble brain-tanned leather. The fringe is hand-cut and it is hand-sewn (no sewing machine).
ADDITION: I have added a tie and deer antler button. I have also re-measured, and a rifle with up to a 28" barrel will fit. New photos are available on the link provided.
Asking $85.00 for it. I really prefer PayPal, but will take a personal check or Money Order. Here's a link to the pictures:

https://skydrive.liv...B4E06078807!109

Edited by Hawknose Bill, 17 September 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Long before Sam Colt won the West, the flintlock rifle won the East.
"I've never been lost, but was bewildered once for 7 days." - Daniel Boone.

#2 Tejano

Tejano
  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • SASS# 96111

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

You don't think a 26" barrel could squeeze into it??

#3 Hawknose Bill

Hawknose Bill
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:18th Century Reenacting, Cowboy Action, Shooting, Hunting, Making all-wood self bows, Making pottery on the potter's wheel, Fishing, Singing, My wife, my kids, and my dog, Buddy - the order of importance changing with mood and money!!
  • SASS# 92855
  • Wabash Rangers

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sure, it could. But, if you wanted to tie it closed, you wouldn't be able to. But it will completely cover a 26" barreled lever gun.

#4 Hawknose Bill

Hawknose Bill
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • SASS# 92855
  • Wabash Rangers

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

***NOTE: I have added a tie AND deer antler button. I have also re-measured, and this will accept rifles with up to 28" barrels, and tie closed!

#5 Hawknose Bill

Hawknose Bill
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • SASS# 92855
  • Wabash Rangers

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

SPF to Tejano.